10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Test your legs on this grueling long distance run.
A variety of obstables that challenges the entire body.
Scale rocks located around our city.
Not your ordinary step class.
Look down on our friendly city.
History meets the present with the Nail City Carry
Tough as Nails Urban Challenge offers athletes a chance to explore the hidden parts of downtown Wheeling. The 6 mile run course winds its way up, down and through the city streets of Wheeling, WV. This event will take place on Sunday, May 24, 2020.
Across more than six miles of body-breaking urban terrain you will traverse abandon cars, scale flood walls, climb your way over obstacles and claw your way up impossible inclines, all on your way to a triumphant finish! After working to destroy your body, stick around for the after party that includes food, drinks and live music.
- You have to be at least 18 years of age to participate
- Event Registration closes Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 8 a.m., or when all spots are filled.
- We suggest early registration.
- There will be NO on-site event registration the day of the event!
- There are heats that go out every 15 minutes beginning at 12 p.m. and ending at 2 p.m.
- There are 175 people in each heat
- A limited number of time slots are available. Be sure to register early to ensure your spot.
- When you register you pick the time you wish to run. People have asked about being in the same heat with their friends. We recommend registering early and together.
- There are no prizes, just bragging rights and camaraderie with the runners in your heat.
- Each participant receives a wicking shirt, medal and drink ticket for the recovery party.
REGISTRATION OPENING SOON